January 15, 2023 / Recipes 2018 Two Barns Vineyard Pinot Noir paired with Grilled Chicken Breast
2018 Two Barns Vineyard Pinot Noir paired with Grilled Chicken Breast
Skill: intermediate Serves: 4
The two distinct soil types in our Two Barns site produces a unique and complex wine, exemplified in the 2018 Two Barns Pinot Noir. As a result, this wine is incredibly versatile and comes to its own when paired with grilled chicken breast, bringing dark berry notes and hints of iron to the forefront.
- 2 cups peas, shucked (or frozen)
- 4 chicken breasts, bone-in, and skin-on
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 lb unsalted butter
- ½ lb shiitake mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 cup polenta
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 cups water (for polenta)
- 1 bunch parsley
- Polenta: Soak polenta overnight. Drain the next day.
- Bring 5 cups of water to a boil. Slowly whisk in polenta. Over low heat, cook, continuously stirring for 1 hour or until thick and porridge-like.
- Add ¼ lb butter, cubed and parmesan cheese, grated. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and cover with foil to keep warm. Set aside.
- Honey Glazed Peas: In a small saucepot, heat honey over low heat, stirring as not to burn. Add 4 tbsps butter until mixed. Remove from heat and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In a large pot of salted water, blanch peas for 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl of ice water. Drain.
- Before serving, heat the pot of honey.
- Shiitake Mushrooms and Chicken Breast: Preheat the outdoor grill.
- Destem shiitakes and drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper. Grill stem side up until tender. Remove from heat. Slice into bite-size pieces.
- Grill chicken breast skin side down until crispy. Flip to continue cooking with the grill lid closed for about 8 minutes.
- Using a meat thermometer, ensure internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat the saucepot of honey butter glaze. Add the peas and shiitakes until warmed through.
- Plating: On four plates, lay a spoon of polenta down. Slice the chicken breast into three pieces.
- Divide the glazed vegetables and honey butter sauce on top of the chicken. Garnish with individual sprigs of parsley.
Keep On Reading
November 27, 2023 / Learn / News
Domaine Serene Announces 2023 Vertical Initiative Winners
October 24, 2023 / Recipes
Elevate your dining: Sommelier Charles' recommended wine with a mouthwatering recipe
October 23, 2023 / Recipes
Discover the perfect pairing: Sommelier Molly's Signature Recipe for her Favorite Wine
October 23, 2023 / Recipes
Embark on a flavor adventure: Sommelier Adam's recipe perfectly complements an exquisite wine